Page updated 6/20/2020
We will be updating this page with the most recent information.
Funeral Policy during COVID 19 as of June 26, 2020
Grieving, especially in a time of global pandemic, presents challenges and heartbreak. We, as a family of faith, strive to offer comfort to those who mourn, as well as to provide for the safety of attendees and staff in honoring a person’s life. With guidance from the CDC, Montgomery County Department of Health, denominational bodies and the United Church Insurance Board, during the Yellow phase we continue to recommend safe practices, social distancing, and limited group number gatherings. Palm Schwenkfelder Church partners with the funeral home of the family’s choosing to provide as safe an environment as we can. The following policies now apply to all funeral services at Palm Schwenkfelder Church until further notice:
- We are only able to provide graveside services.
- If possible we recommend a celebration of life service be held at a later date, when it is determined safe to do so.
- We recommend that no more than 25 people attend the graveside service.
- As a courtesy to the other attendees we ask those who are able, to wear face masks or face coverings.
- Family members living together can stand together, all other attendees must stand at least 6 feet apart from one another.
- We are unable to provide a viewing/calling hour prior to the graveside service.
- We are unable to provide for a funeral luncheon following the graveside service.
- Pastoral participation in funeral services held inside of funeral homes are subject to individual pastoral discretion.