Wider Church Connections
Here at Palm, we firmly believe that the Church of Jesus Christ is not defined by the walls of a building. By our faith we are connected to a global Christian community. Denominationally, we are a part of the Schwenkfelder Church. In 1963 Palm became an Associate member of the United Church of Christ, with congregational standing in the Ursinus Association of the Pennsylvania Southeast Conference. We celebrate these covenantal ties through our participation in ministries and gatherings as well as our financial gifts, through which we support the ongoing work of the Spirit.
Our Fellow Schwenkfelder Connections
Central Schwenkfelder Church, 2111 Valley Forge Road, Lansdale, PA 19446, 610-584-4480. This congregation originally worshiped in private homes, later in three meeting houses in Salford, Towamencin, and Worcester. In 1951, a new church building was completed, consolidating worship services formerly conducted in the meeting houses.
Olivet-Schwenkfelder United Church of Christ, 619 W. Township Line Road, Norristown, PA 19403, 610-539-7444. On May 18, 1997, the congregations of Norristown Schwenkfelder Church and Olivet United Church of Christ merged to become Olivet-Schwenkfelder UCC. Church and Sunday school services are now held at the Township Line Road location.
Schwenkfelder Missionary Church, 2010 Reed Street, Philadelphia, PA19146, 215-334-4658. This church is the newest addition to The Schwenkfelder Church. Founded on October 18, 1998, the Missionary Church was accepted as a member of The Schwenkfelder Church at the Conference on May 16, 1999. The church maintains a strong mission outreach to the community through a pastoral presence, and a weekly soup kitchen.
The Schwenkfelder Library and Heritage Center collects, preserves, exhibit and interprets material related to the Schwenkfelders, the people of southeastern Pennsylvania in general and the Perkiomen Valley in particular.
Our Local Community Connections
We are a member of the Upper Perkiomen Valley Chamber of Commerce.